MBF Bioscience is a world leader in supplying software and systems for microscopic image analysis of brain tissue. Our products include the Neurolucida® system for 3D neuron morphology and Stereo Investigator® for stereology, a statistically based analysis method. Our mission is to provide the best solutions and service to bioscience researchers worldwide for the advancement of scientific knowledge.
MBF offers excellent salary and benefits, a friendly work environment, the opportunity to contribute to advancement of science, and to join a team of experienced software developers, hardware engineers, and Ph.Ds in neuroscience and computer science/engineering. The company headquarters is located near Burlington, Vermont, a beautiful, small city on the eastern shores of Lake Champlain consistently ranked as the healthiest place to live the USA. Boston is 3.5 hours away by car, and Montreal is just a two-hour trip.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.
The Biosystems Specialist provides white glove support to our customers worldwide. MBF Bioscience provides customized turnkey systems for scientists to collect, analyze and visualize data, and to publish their results.
Remote technical support & training
- Provide technical services to customers – troubleshooting, ad-hoc instruction and formal training by phone, email, and remote connection.
- Configure software and hardware solutions to meet customer needs and MBF Bioscience standards.
- Work effectively with MBF’s technical, scientific and business colleagues.
- Keep careful records of interactions with customers and continuously improve internal documentation to facilitate smooth operations and customer service.
Onsite installation and training
- Coordinate onsite visits with customers including logistics and training curriculum.
- Setup and calibrate scientific equipment
- Train customers on system usage and impart best practice methodologies for data collection and analysis.
Self-improvement & innovation
- Schedule time every week to learn something new.
- Explore & propose innovations that will improve products, services or processes.
- Scientific background/education: A deep understanding of scientific inquiry, processes and culture.
- Computer and networking skills (Windows & Linux) are highly desirable including AWS instance configuration, management and maintenance.
- Innate technical & troubleshooting skills.
- Individual initiative and self-management; ability to integrate into an established team and work cooperatively.
- 4 Year college degree in a bioscience related field or equivalent relevant experience.
Develop commercial scientific software in our web and/or desktop applications in our Williston, Vermont office.
- Develop and maintain our current suite of applications
- Design and create new products for MBF Bioscience's customers
- Perform software and algorithm development and feasibility research for product development utilized in all current and future MBF software products
- Create, maintain, and apply MBF coding standards
- Integrate new hardware in MBF software products
- Work with Product Managers to determine the priority and schedule for software features and requirements
- Communicate algorithmic descriptions to other members of the R&D group in written and oral presentations
- Use good software development practices to write code that fulfills feature requirements, is robust, and easily maintainable
- Experience with C++
- Web development, Qt, iOS or MFC experience a plus
- Passion for development and desire to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Bachelors degree in computer science or computer engineering
Additional Requirements for all MBF Bioscience Employees
- Strong communication skills and ability to present to small/medium groups
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Candidates for these positions must be able to legally work in the United States as of the date of hire. MBF Bioscience is not willing to commence an immigration case in order to fill these positions.
MBF Bioscience is an equal opportunity employer.