MBF Bioscience is a world leader in supplying software and systems for microscopic image analysis of brain tissue. Our products include the Neurolucida® system for 3D neuron morphology and Stereo Investigator® for stereology, a statistically based analysis method. Our mission is to provide the best solutions and service to bioscience researchers worldwide for the advancement of scientific knowledge.
MBF offers excellent salary and benefits, a friendly work environment, the opportunity to contribute to advancement of science, and to join a team of experienced software developers, hardware engineers, and Ph.Ds in neuroscience and computer science/engineering. The company headquarters is located near Burlington, Vermont, a beautiful, small city on the eastern shores of Lake Champlain consistently ranked as the healthiest place to live the USA. Boston is 3.5 hours away by car, and Montreal is just a two-hour trip.
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
No phone calls please.
- Assist with customer orders; ordering equipment, invoicing and documenting sale.
- Process customer credit card orders
- Maintain and update customer database
- Shipping & Receiving
- Complete specialized computer tasks (i.e. Customer Information System, creating workflows)
- Reconcile employee expense travel reports to credit card statements
- Assist with month inventory
- Assist in creating, updating and completing internal procedures
- Provide periodic back-up to receptionist
- Complete vendor request forms and customer bid requests
- Light errands (vehicle required)
Skills & Qualifications
- Exceptionally organized with documents, procedures and office work area
- Ability to learn and follow instructions
- Takes initiative and can start/complete tasks with basic direction
- Computer knowledge. Proficient in Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Knowledge of QuickBooks is a plus
- Ability to multi-task and organize ongoing projects, looking for ways to become more efficient in completing tasks
- College experience or professional experience preferred
Customer Support Engineer
Provide on-site installation and training, phone and remote technical support to customers around the world for their MBF Bioscience computer-controlled integrated microscope systems.
- Phone and online support for MBF Bioscience customers including repair, installation, and service of computers and specialized electronic products
- Document interactions with customers and continuously improve internal documentation to facilitate smooth operations and customer service
- Provide IT support for in-house computers
- Provide service and customer support during on-site visits
- Expertise in computer hardware diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Experience in installing and troubleshooting computer peripherals such as video, , camera, and networking devices
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer care skills
- Entry level to multiple years of experience
- College degree in a related technical field
- Play a key role in a team-based environment
- Investigate and troubleshoot issues and develop solutions
- Assist in the creation of specifications and requirements documentation, create and maintain technical and procedure documentation
- Software product testing and reporting of flaws, failures or faults during development and maintenance phases of software lifecycle
- Communicate with researchers by email, phone, remote connection
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills & Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in biological science or related field
- Understand concepts and components of biological research, including topical knowledge for neuroscience
- Ability to diagnose, document, and resolve technical problems
- Ability to create data spreadsheets, graphs, and charts in Microsoft Office, GraphPad
- Microscopy operation, including brightfield, widefield, confocal
- Ability to use a neuroanatomic atlas
- Histological techniques
- Experience with MBF Bioscience products a plus
- Ability to travel within the United States to research laboratories and scientific conferences
Develop commercial scientific software in our web and/or desktop applications in our Williston, Vermont office.
- Develop and maintain our current suite of applications
- Design and create new products for MBF Bioscience's customers
- Perform software and algorithm development and feasibility research for product development utilized in all current and future MBF software products
- Create, maintain, and apply MBF coding standards
- Integrate new hardware in MBF software products
- Work with Product Managers to determine the priority and schedule for software features and requirements
- Communicate algorithmic descriptions to other members of the R&D group in written and oral presentations
- Use good software development practices to write code that fulfills feature requirements, is robust, and easily maintainable
- Experience with C++
- Web development, Qt, iOS or MFC experience a plus
- Passion for development and desire to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Bachelors degree in computer science or computer engineering
Additional Requirements for all MBF Bioscience Employees
- Strong communication skills and ability to present to small/medium groups
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Candidates for these positions must be able to legally work in the United States as of the date of hire. MBF Bioscience is not willing to commence an immigration case in order to fill these positions.
MBF Bioscience is an equal opportunity employer.