By tracing neurons, researchers get digital reconstructions that can then be morphometrically analyzed to understand more about neuronal structure. Data can be obtained about somas, dendrites, axons, spines, and synapses to examine an experimental hypothesis. The entire neuron can be traced to develop a complete digital neuron reconstruction for quantitative and qualitative analysis.
Trace neurons with Neurolucida in 2D or 3D, from a single section or through multiple sections, directly from a microscope image. To trace neurons even faster, use Neurolucida 360 to automatically trace dendrites, somas, axons, spines, and synapses from acquired images.
Neurolucida and Neurolucida 360 also provides tools for brain mapping to map neuronal pathways or map the distribution of a particular cell type.
What to Look for When Purchasing a Neuron Tracing System:
- Controls the microscope’s motorized stage and camera
- Automatically changes filter turret, filter wheels, and mirror cubes for imaging fluorescent tissue
- New versions of neuron tracing software are released consistently
- Research support is available
- Supports the newest microscopes, motorized stages, and cameras
- Offers technical support when moving or changing a neuron tracing system
- Thorough and helpful system manuals
Imaging Modules for Neurolucida:
- 3D slide scanning module for creating 3D whole slide images
- 2D slide scanning module for creating 2D whole slide images
- Image Montaging for automatic 3D montaging/stitching of image stacks
- Image Stack and 3D Visualization for acquiring and viewing 3D image stacks
- Structured Illumination for integration with structured illumination microscopy hardware
- Zen control for integration with Zeiss LSM confocal microscopes
- Open confocal control for integration with confocal microscopes
- Fluoview control for integration with Olympus Fluoview 300 & 500
Learn More About Reconstructing Neurons
When you call us you will speak with a person - not an automated system. Talk to us about your hardware, software, or experimental design questions. Our team includes Ph.D. neuroscientists and experts in microscopy, stereology, neuron tracing, and image processing; ready to help you over the phone or online.
Contract Neuron Reconstruction Services
Our Neuron Reconstruction services gives your lab the ability to have industry-leading experts create a 3D digital reconstruction of individual or multiple neurons, for your research. MBF Labs will reconstruct your neurons giving you a breadth of quantitative information. The process is simple and practical. Provide us with slides or images, and MBF Labs experts do the rest.